Tuesday, October 09, 2007

dried apples





Yesterday I dried apple from the tree. A couple of weeks ago I had purchased a dehydrator. There are so many apples on the tree and they might as well be put to good use. I remember last Thanks giving when Cec brought Apple Chips and how good they were. I asked her how she made them so I could try my hand. The first batch I made didn't turn out so well. Instead of dusting sliced apples with jello powder and shaking them in a Tupperware bowl to get a nice even cover. I placed them one at a time in a pile of powder while still wet. Like one would do when breading shrimp. The jello dissolved, the apples where unevenly covered and things didn't turn out so well. So I went back and re-read the e-mail Cec had sent me. A little jello goes a long way and shake them like shake and bake. The second batch turned out better.
This third batch I cut the apples thicker and made four different styles:Plain, cinnamon sugar, ginger sugar, and blueberry jello. The pictures are pre and post dehydrated
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Morning Star BlogED said...

All I know is that they taste delicious.

Louise said...

Um, they look good except for the odd colored ones. :-) I have a serious issue with colors of my food.